Late in Dec 2020, Xiaomi announced a new custom interface MIUI 12.5, and now it has confirmed the devices that will be getting it this year.
MIUI 12.5 is faster and more economical, system UI is rewritten, so the memory usage is reduced by 20% and the background memory usage is less by an average of 35%, and the system application power consumption decreased by an average of 25%, says Xiaomi.
Devices That Will Get the Update
MIUI 12.5 stable updates will roll out from Mi 11 and Mi 10 series starting from Q2 2021 and other phones in the Mi 10 Lite series, Mi Note series will get later in Q2 2021. Other devices will get the update after that gradually and the list of devices will be announced soon.
First set of devices that will get MIUI 12 stable update in Q2 2021
- Mi 11
- Mi 10T
- Mi 10T Pro
- Mi 10
- Mi 10 Pro
Second wave of devices that will get MIUI 12 stable update later in Q2 2021
- Mi 10 Lite 5G
- Mi 10T Lite
- Mi Note 10 Pro
- Mi Note 10
- Mi Note 10 Lite
- Redmi Note 9T
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Redmi Note 9S
- Redmi Note 9
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Redmi 9
Xiaomi said other devices will get the update after the above listed devices has gotten in quarter two. Xiaomi clarified that the name makes the new update sound like a minor thing, but it is actually a major step forward and will be what powers its phones in 2021.
- Teaser: Upcoming Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Series Leak Images
- Xiaomi Unveils Redmi K40 Pro+ with 120Hz Amoled Display, 108MP Cameras, S888 Chipset
- Xiaomi Mi 11 in For Durability Test
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Launched with 6.81-inch Quad HD+ 120Hz AMOLED Display, 108MP Cameras
- Xiaomi Unveils its First Quad-curved Waterfall Display Concept Smartphone