Ecobank Nigeria has launched a feature that allow its customers to transfer funds by email, SMS and Whatsapp – which are new features available on the bank’s Mobile App.
Ecobank customers can now transfer cash without the beneficiary’s account number, or even transfer via WhatsApp or SMS.
The initiative was part of the bank’s innovation in digital banking, enabling customers perform their transactions conveniently.
“This opportunity couldn’t have come at a better time when many people are self-isolating and keeping social distance due to the COVID-19. We have the responsibility as a bank to continue to innovate for the benefits of our teeming customers.
“We encourage our customers and others to utilize this new addition to our digital self-service solutions. With this feature, a customer can transfer up to N50,000 without the beneficiary’s account number. The transfer can be initiated without the beneficiary providing an account number or deciding on which account to receive the funds into. For us as a bank, this is super convenient for money transfer.”
How to Initiate The Transfer
Beneficiaries can redeem the money sent in three simple steps:
1. Receive the web link sent to his mobile number as SMS or WhatsApp message,
2. Click on the link to select bank and enter the account number, then, submit the request and senders account is immediately debited.
3. The beneficiary account irrespective of the bank receives the credit instantly.
The process is secure, convenient and funds are in local currency and do not leave the senders account until the beneficiary initiates the redemption into the destination account.
All this feature is available on the new redesign mobile app.
- See How Fraudsters Use Social Media to Steal Money From Your Bank – Don’t Fall Victim
- Don’t Miss Prof Osinbajo March 8th 1M Naira Grant
- How to Get Your Money Back When You are Scammed or after a Wrong Bank Transfer
- Mastercard Pledge Supports for Cryptocurrency, Will Allow Transactions on its Network