MTN Nigeria has introduced Auto topUp, a service that automatically recharges your line when your airtime balance falls below a predefined threshold.
It allows customers to set up automatic airtime recharge as soon as the airtime gets below a specified threshold and terminated after the set maximum airtime has been received.
MTN AutoTopUp seeks to save the subscribers the inconvenience or hassle of manual purchase of airtime each time they run out of airtime or data. Airtime purchase need not be a manual or tedious process, it can be 100% automated such that once a subscriber’s airtime is running low, they are automatically topped up.
Why Auto topUp?
- It is faster, easier, and enables customers to monitor their airtime recharge expenditure.
- MTN Auto TopUp saves time and curbs the possibility of losing airtime
- Customers can show love to their family and friends by setting up profiles that match their individual needs.
- It helps to manage customers spending by allowing them to set daily, weekly or monthly maximum recharge limit
How to SignUp
- Launch the web browser
- Navigate to the web portal here
- On the home page click on the Sign-Up or Get Started button
- Enter a Phone number, a check is done to confirm if the number is active on the MTN Network
- A six-digit OTP valid for some minutes is sent to the MTN’s number if the above condition is true
- The user is prompted to enter the OTP on the UI
- The backend retrieves the customer details and prefills some data on the user Interface: Full Name, Email address (optional), customer type (Prepaid or Postpaid)
- If the user data cannot be retrieved, the user is prompted to enter all required information such as Full Name, (must be an MTN number), Email Address (Optional), Selects customer Type (Postpaid or Prepaid)
- Enter Password
- Accept Terms & Condition
- Click on the SIGNUP button to create an account
How to Set up Automatic Recharge
- Click the Auto recharge menu on the dashboard or the navigation menu
- Select Phone Number (Self, Beneficiary, or Other) to recharge.
- Enter Amount: This is the specific amount to credit the user when a threshold airtime balance is reached.
- Enter Threshold: This is the minimum amount the user’s account balance gets to before the system triggers an Auto Recharge.
- Enter Limit: This is the maximum amount of recharge that cannot be exceeded within a period of time.
- Enter Cycle: This is the predefined time period for the user’s recharge limit. It is Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Click on Proceed
How to Set up Schedule Recharge
The schedule recharge feature enables the user to schedule recharge for self or beneficiary. A schedule can be a single schedule or a bulk schedule.
- Click the Schedule recharge menu on the dashboard or the navigation menu
- Click the Add new button to schedule for a beneficiary or self
- Select Phone Number (Self, Beneficiary, ) to recharge.
- The beneficiary name is fetched automatically or entered manually.
- Select top up type (Data or Airtime)
- Select Frequency options – One-off, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly
- Enter Amount
- Click proceed to schedule airtime top-up
I personally don’t see this new feature as something worthwhile but some special subscribers will definitely love this new feature called MTN auto topUp.