finding it difficult to use their BIS plan on Android device. This tutorial was originally written by CJ1080 and all kudos goes to him.
It is time to fastened your seat belt because I am about taking you on a
journey of 70kilometre per… Lol!
So these are what you will need on your android phone or tablet.
For Rooted Android Phones or Tablet.
1.Download superuser if you don’t have it, if you do, then download SetDns from Google play or market.
3. Go to Mobile network settings on your android.
4. Create a New Access Point. Name it anything. But in your apn tab, put
5. user and password, Put web.
6. Scroll down to the option APN type,
then enter “default”.
7. Save your APN, select it, and switch off your phone or tablet.
8. Switch on your phone, and check your notification bar. if the 3g or edge
sign is showing data coming in and going out. then you are good to go. This means that the BBC or BIS plan is working as an internet access point.
But you will notice that no app will connect to the internet yet.
9. This is where SetDns comes in, open
setdns, scroll down to where a tab says googledns, you will see two input boxs
below it. Leave them, and go to the tab that says apply.
10. Click Apply, A notification should show up saying superuser has granded
access to setdns.
11. Minimize it. and try any internet app. It will connect
12. Did I mention that SetDns also speeds up your internet speed.
Non Rooted Phone or Tablet.
1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Look for GAE proxy app and Droid VPN
from google Play. and install them.
2. Open GAE proxy, scroll down to the place it asks to download additional
3. After the download.
4. Activate BBC or BIS plan, and create your blackberry apn.
5. Open GAE proxy and click enable network.
6. Open any internet enabled app and enjoy.
Using Droid VPN
1. Use a standard internet plan for this; Download the app from Google play or
google Droid VPN and download it from the site.
2.Register a username on droid vpn
3.Activate your droid vpn account,.
4.activate the app.
5. Pay for your BB complete plan, and activate the blackberry apn,make sure you
get the message that your plan is active.
6. Open Droid VPN and connect it. it will give you two servers you can use for
7. Once its connected.
8. Open any internet enabled app and connect.
If you want to use a modem on your tablet remember to turn off the wireless
access before the tablet can see the modem