If you’re a digital camera or gadget enthusiast you are probably aware that it can be difficult to know if your SD card is actually authentic. Counterfeit memory cards have now spread throughout the marketplace.
Packaging on the cards can make it difficult to distinguish a fake SDcard from the real thing. Have you wondered why your Photos keep disappearing? Have you been in a situation where you pay heavily to get a 62GB SDcard, only for you to discover that it can only take 8GB files?
I’ve had some unpleasant experiences getting an SD card of 32GB only to discover that the available space was just 4GB.
But relax, I’m going to show you how to detect fake SD card before buying it.
How to Detect Fake SD card?
SD Insight: The packaging on SDcards can make it difficult to distinguish a fake SD card from the real thing. But with SD insight, you can easily get that done.
SD Insight is a free, fast and easy-to-use mobile application to view SD card manufacturing details, original size and lot more.
Insert an SD card into your phone and in seconds your SD card information is displayed in a simple format.
How Does it Work?
- Download SD Insight from Google Play store
- Insert an SDcard into your Android cell phone. (Note: You may need to turn off your cell phone to do this).
- Launch the SD Insight application. In seconds, your SDcard information will be displayed in an easy to understand format on the cell phone’s screen.
- You can see information such as manufacturer’s name, date of manufacture, product name and serial number.
Click the Menu button to see more detailed information about your memory card.
- If you have more than one memory
card in your device, you will also be able to see details for each of the
- You can also view validation of the SDCard against its class rating for the minimum data transfer rate (e.g. Classes 2, 4, 6 and 10)
Post Rating: [yasr_overall_rating size=”medium”]