Cable TV services provider, DSTV, has disclosed that effective November 1, 2019, it will increase the prices of all its subscription packages for subscribers.
The management of MultiChoice Ghana said an extra 5 cedis increase has been added to its prices.
This is as the result of the increase in the communication service tax (CST) by the government.
According to the messages sent to subscribers yesterday, the services provider said, “Due to the increase in CST, be advised of a subscription price adjustment on your package from November 1, 2019.”
For instance, a Compact Plus Package which comes at a monthly subscription of GHS205 will see an extra GH5 increase following the coming into effect of the CST.
The CST was pegged at 6% as at the time it was introduced in 2008 payable by all consumers of certain electronic services, and now, it will experience 50% increment in the CST rate.
Increment in prices of DSTV packages will only be effected in Ghana, this doesn’t affect other countries where MultiChoice is operative.
- Too Bad, DStv to Axe Down These TV Channels Ending of This Month
- African Magic, Netflix, Amazon, iROKOtv Considers Leaving Nigeria
- How to Connect with MultiChoice DStv WhatsApp Self-service 24/7
- Due to High Price, DStv Premium Package is Dying
- MultiChoice Set for JSE Listing, claims 13.9M Subscribers