Just like Netflix, MultiChoice owned video on demand platform has launched Showmax Free, an ad-supported streaming service that offers a selection of local and international series, movies and sports highlights for free.
Showmax Free will feature local movies, series and sports shows. Users will be able to stream movies and binge-watch the first few episodes of available series for free – however, they will see adverts during playback and be prompted to upgrade to Showmax paid plans.
Customers will be able to upgrade to the ad-free Showmax entertainment catalogue to access complete seasons of the latest local and international series, blockbuster movies and kids’ content. For live sport, users will need to subscribe to Showmax Pro.
No account is needed to stream the ad-supported service, which is currently only available in South Africa.
Unlike the Showmax 14-day free trial – which offers full functionality for the trial period before incurring subscription costs – the free service can be used indefinitely
To activate free streaming on mobile:
- Download and install the latest version of the Showmax app
- Open the Showmax app and tap on the “more” menu icon;
- Switch on free mode;
- You will be automatically redirected to the home screen where you can then start watching free shows.
At the moment, this offer is only available in South Africa, we are expecting it to launch to other African Countries where MultiChoice is operating.
- DStv Launches Explora Ultra Decoder, With Netflix Integration
- Pay-As-You-Go Not Possible – MultiChoice DStv
- TStv to Fully Launch Oct 1, Prepares to sell Decoder in These States
- This PayTV Provider Prepares for a Relaunch – Plans To Chase DStv out of Nigeria
- You’ll Soon Pack Up – Nigerians Threatens as MultiChoice Hike Price of DStv, Gotv Subscription