Transsion Holdings subsidiary Tecno Mobile first launched the Spark 9 Pro for the global market in June this year. Barely five months after, the Chinese company has now unveiled a Special edition model dubbed Tecno Spark 9 Pro Sport Edition.
Designworks was tasked with picking out the materials, colors and finish for this special edition. The design was apparently inspired by an “icy crystal talisman” and mixes crystalline blue areas with snowy white, dotted with more triangles to keep the theme consistent. The two circular camera islands evoke the BMW logo, but it’s more of an homage than a 1:1 copy.
The Spark 9 Pro Sport Edition is aimed at young consumers with an appreciation for luxury, especially of the automobile variety. The design team likened smartphones to cars because of the very personal relationship that their owners have with them.
It retains other specs including a 6.9-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, 4GB of RAM, Android 12 with HiOS 8.6 on top, 50MP rear camera, 2MP depth, AI lens, 32MP front camera and a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Highlight Specifications of Tecno Spark 9 Pro
- 6.6-inch (1080 x 2460 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G85 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with up to 1000MHz ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- HiOS 8.6 based on Android 12
- 50MP (f/1.7 primary) + 2MP ( f/2.4 depth) + 2MP (f/2.0 AI Lens), Dual LED flash
- 32MP front-facing camera with dual LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The TECNO SPARK 9 Pro Sport Edition will be sold in key markets across various regions such as the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa. As for the price, the Spark 9 Pro is priced at 116,800 Nigerian Naira (US$ 265).