You’ve likely been inundated with daily messages from telecom providers urging you to link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your SIM card to avoid service disruption. Globacom, in particular, has been sending daily notifications, even to those who have correctly linked their NIN to their SIM.
However, there’s an enticing offer from Glo for subscribers. They pledge to reward a generous N20,000 to any subscriber who re-links their NIN with their SIM card. To avail of this bonus, simply visit the nearest Glo outlet, re-link your NIN to your SIM, and the bonus will be activated.
To verify if your NIN is properly linked, you can visit this link.
A significant number of Nigerians are currently unable to make calls as they have not complied with the NIN-SIM linkage directive. Approximately 72.77 million active telecom consumers have been barred from using their SIM cards, resulting in substantial losses for telecommunication companies, totaling nearly N75.78 billion.
Here are the details of the bonus:
– The bonus value can be used exclusively for calls, browsing, and texting at the following rates: On-net – 36k/sec, Off-net – 36k/s, SMS – N4, Flexi Data Browsing – N10/MB.
– The bonus value will be credited to eligible customers within 48 hours after they successfully re-register their line by linking a valid NIN.
– The bonus value will be credited to a dedicated bonus account.
– The bonus validity period is 7 days from the date of credit.
– To check the bonus value, customers can dial *310#.
If you are outside Nigeria, Send a mail to [email protected] request for the NIN linking to your Glo line with subject titled (Diaspora NIN linking).
Let us know in the comment if your line was blocked or not