Infinix recently pushed Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA updates out for all Infinix hot 2 (Android One) users few weeks ago but not all has been able to updates theirs. And I’m sure you are not ready to wait till infinity for the OTA to get to you.
If you couldn’t use the first method provided to upgrade your Infinix Hot2 to Android 6.0, then you can go ahead using this guide.
All Credit to Team Hovatek, for providing their Rom Dump… saving lives #BacktoBack Since 1900BC.
Before you begin…
Note: This is not an official firmware from Infinix. Team Hovatek dumped the firmware of their copy of the Infinix Hot 2 X510 which had been successfully upgraded to Marshmallow (Android 6.0) using the above guide.
SP Flashtool (Download here)
Android 6.0 Rom Dump (Download here)
VComm Driver (Download here)
How to Flash Android 6.0 to Infinix Hot 2 X510 Using SP Flash Tool
==>Make sure you’ve successfully downloaded Infinix Hot2 x510 Android 6.0 dump rom provided by Team Hovatek from the above link
==>Make sure you have successfully installed VCom Driver on your PC or follow the guide below to install Vcom driver
==>INSTALLING VCOM DRIVER
1. Extract the downloaded vcom driver.
2. Go to device manager>click action>click add legacy hardware
3. Under welcome to add new hardware click next
4. Select advanced option and click next
5. Select ‘show all devices’ and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Browse to your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup up file and click
open, then ok.
8. Select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
1. Navigate to the SP flash tool folder
2. Run the SP flash tool.exe as admin
3. Click on scatter loading. Navigate to the Infinix Hot 2 rom folder and select the scatter file MT6580_Android_scatter.txt “
4.At the left hand side just below the ‘scatter loading’ panel click on ‘download now’ then change it to ‘firmware upgrade’
5. Switch off your Phone (make sure it has about 90% charge) and connect it to your PC using usb cord
6. A progress bar should start running. The phone
will be upgraded on booting-Make sure you don’t tamper with usb at this point.
The final result after about 5-10 min should be like this if all went well
7. After that confirmation close flash tool. Disconnect phone and switch it on. It will take some minutes before the setup is complete.
Finally, go to Settings >> About to confirm that your Infinix Hot 2 X510 is now running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Q: Will I be able to flash future OTA updates after flashing this ROMDump?
Ans: Yes, you will. The ROMDump is not rooted and is also running on stock recovery. It passed the System Check test, see proof below:
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to use the comment form.
All Thanks to Team Hovatek