Beginning from the first quarter of 2019, we’ll begin to see 5G enabled smartphone and MTN has promised to start 5G deployment before 2020.
According to MTN, “5G will make our life better, drive incremental capacity and open up new businesses. MTN as a company is constantly making efforts to break barriers by democratising voice and data connectivity in order to improve subscriber experience, and has invested over N800bn in infrastructure in Nigeria.”
You’ll recall that Earlier this year, MTN Nigeria conducted her first ever 5G technology test in partnership with ericsson and hit 20Gbps with less than 5ms latency in the 5G trial. MTN has received a temporary license for 800MHz of spectrum in the 15GHz band to conduct its 5G trials.
And at TECHFEST, Mtn introduced how 5G network will be like.
MTN Nigeria says it will start the commercial deployment of 5G technology before 2020. I wonder how the speed will be like… how many seconds it will take to download a 5GB file.
- MTN Launches Gameworld – Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Indian Government Bans AliExpress, PUBG Mobile, 159 More Apps
- Social Media Regulation in Nigeria, No Going Back – FG Vow
- MTN Launches Zigi Chatbot – Here is Everything You Should Know
- Opera Latest Update adds Music Streaming to Its Browser