This post is for those subscribers which MTN has been deducting your money unjustly perhaps every week or days and you are wondering what services did you subscribe too that will make this deduction regular.
Or maybe you are constantly getting tips on “how not to get robbed on ATM”, or “how to lose belly fat” without you subscribing for it. Perhaps, you’ve even complaint to customer care and nothing has been done about it. I’m glad to inform you that we’ve got the solution for you.
Each time you receive any of these tips from MTN, you’ll get billed for it either weekly or monthly but here is the way out.
How to Opt-Out of MTN Value Added Services
Dial *447#, it will present you with a menu. MTN customers can manage their Value-added services from that menu. You can activate, deactivate any services from that menu.
In this case, reply with 1 to choose active services, 2 to deactivate active services.
Once deactivated, the illegal weekly airtime deduction will stop.
- You can dial *123*5*1#
- Reply with 1 to view active subscriptions.
- Reply with a serial number of any active subscription and follow the instruction that is displayed to unsubscribe.
Once you unsubscribed, your airtime will no longer be deducted illegally for services you are not making use of.
Finally, if your SIM is still a 3G SIM, it is time to upgrade and get 10GB free data usable on all devices; see guide here.
Let us know in the comment if your airtime is illegally deducted by your network
- Cheapest Data Plans in July For Android, iOS, PC Users – 1.5GB for N300
- How to Borrow Data From Glo, MTN, Airtel and 9mobile NG
- This is Why Your Data Don’t Last Long – Here is What You Should Do
- Covid19: How to Properly Sanitize Your Smartphone in 4 Easy Ways
- Introducing Google New Emoji Kitchen on Gboard