The Federal Government, today has extended the linking of SIM cards with the National Identity Number, NIN registration, by eight weeks according to report.
Subscribers, who hadn’t link their NIN to sim cards, would have had their lines blocked on Feb 9, being the initial deadline for them to link their SIMs to their National Identity Number, NIN.
Earlier in Dec 2020, the Federal Government declared that after December 30, 2020, all SIMs that were not registered with valid NINs on the network of telecommunications companies would be blocked. It later extended the deadline following widespread opposition against the earlier announcement and gave three weeks’ extension for subscribers with NIN from December 30, 2020, to January 19, 2021.
It also gave six weeks’ extension for subscribers without NIN from December 30, 2020, to February 9, 2021. Now, it has been extended again till April 6, 2021.
It may still be extended considering the fact that a large proportion of the populace are yet to enroll for NIMC, not because they don’t want to but because the crowd in each allocated centers are unbearable.
More details coming soon…
- Here is Everything You Should Know About Glo New NIN Registration App
- NIMC Registration: Download NIMC Reg Form, Check Enrollment Centers Abroad
- FG Extends Deadline for NIN Registration With Sim Sync
- 4 Proven Ways to Transfer Airtime to Your Bank Account
- Covid-19: MTN Suspend Charges on Cash2Cash Transfer, Offers Free 100MB Daily