Xiaomi has released one of the world’s thinnest folding phones, the Mix Fold 3, in China, with remarkable features and a long battery life.
Mix Fold 3 has dual E6 OLED displays. The main 8.03-inch LTPO panel brings a 1,960 x 2,160px resolution and a 120Hz variable refresh rate. The panel features Ultra Thin Glass (UTG) and brings HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support. The outer 6.56-inch LTPO OLED display is covered with Gorilla Glass Victus 2 and brings up to 2,560 nits peak brightness in auto mode.
The Fold 3 employs proprietary hinge technology, including a three-element connecting rod structure, fourteen micro-hinges, 198 spinning shaft components, and 1800MPa ultra-high strength steel Ultra-durable carbon ceramic steel. This has a 45° – 135° Hover mode and has been tested for 500,000 folds, according to the company, and it has TÜV Rheinland certification. When unfolded, it measures only 5.26mm.
Moving on to the cameras, Xiaomi equipped Mix Fold 3 with a quad camera system with Leica optics. There’s a 50MP Sony IMX800 main cam (23mm equivalent) with OIS as well as a 12MP ultrawide module (15mm equivalent). Zoom shots are handled by a 10MP telephoto (75mm) with 3x zoom and a 10MP periscope module (115mm) which brings up to 5x optical zoom. Both telephoto modules feature OIS.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version SoC clocked up to 3.36GHz, has up to 16GB of RAM, VC vapor chamber cooling, and a total size of 10,943mm2. The phone has a 4800mAh battery with 67W conventional charging and 50W wireless charging capabilities.
Highlight Specifications of Mix Fold 3
- Internal – 8.03-inch (2160 x 1916 pixels) 2K+ Eco² OLED Plus Samsung E6 material 4:3.55 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 2600 nits peak brightness, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, UTG glass protection
- External – 6.56 -inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E6 AMOLED 21:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Up to 3.36GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 256GB UFS 4.0 storage, 16GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 512GB /1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI Fold 14 based on Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX800 sensor, f/1.77 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP OV13B10 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Samsung S5K3K1 3.2x telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, 10MP Samsung S5K3K1 5x periscope telephoto camera, f/2.92 aperture, OIS, 30cm super-macro shooting , Leica optics 8K video recording
- 20MP OV20B inner and outer front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual 1115 speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.2×73.5(folded), 143.28(unfolded)×10.96mm(folded) (Black/Gold) / 10.86mm (Fiber Version), 5.26mm(unfolded) ; Weight: 259g (Black/Gold) / 255g (Fiber Version)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, NFC
- 4800mAh (Typical) battery with 67W fast charging, 50W wireless charging
Pricing and Availability
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3 comes in glass and composite fiber back versions with prices being the same regardless of the material choice.
|RAM/storage||Price||in USD (converted)|