What rooting is to a typical Andriod smartphone is what jailbrea is to iOS devices. Though Apple announced iOS 9 long time ago but the Pangu team didn’t waste time in releasing the jailbreak tool for iOS 9 devices. The Pangu iOS 9 is only supported for iOS 9.0, 9.01, and 9.02.
Note: Jailbreaking an iOS device is considered to be illegal, however, it will not void your warranty as you can always un-jailbreak. It is just a software modification that gives root access to your iOS device and lets you personalize and modify the OS.
Before you begin the jailbreak process, it is recommended to make a backup of your iOS device on iTunes or iCloud. Make sure TouchID or Passcode is disabled and turn off Find my iPhone.
1. Windows computer or Mac
2. Pangu software
How to Jailbreak iOS 9 on Windows Computerer
- Download the Pangu iOS 9 jailbreak tool for Windows from the source link here
- Right click on Pangu9.exe and Run as Admin.
- Connect the iOS device to the Windows PC using the USB cable. The device should be recognised by the jailbreak tool. Enable Airplane mode on the iOS device.
- Click on the Start button and ‘Already Backup’ on the next page.
- The jailbreak process will start and reboot the iOS device. You will be asked to enable Airplane mode once again.
- Launch the Pangu app on the iOS device’ homescreen when asked for.
- You will be asked to Allow access to Photos app, oblige.
- The iOS device should reboot once again. The jailbreak process is now complete. You can now disable Airplane mode, find and launch the Cydia app on the homescreen. Wait for Cydia to load sources and then you can install tweaks and customize your iOS device.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9 on Mac
disable TouchID or Passcode on the iOS device. Also, disable Find my iPhone.
- Download the Pangu iOS 9 Jailbreak tool for Mac from the link here.
- Double click on the Pangu9 dmg file that you just downloaded. Right click on the Pangu9 app, select open and then click on open again.
- Connect the iOS device to the Mac and wait for Pangu jailbreak tool to recognize it. Enable Airplane mode.
- Click on the Start button and select ‘Already Backup’ on the next page.
- The device will reboot and you will be asked to Enable Airplane mode once again.
- Launch the Pangu app on the homescreen of the iOS device. Give the app access to your Photos app when asked for.
- The device will now reboot again and the Cydia app should be found on the homescreen.
- That’s it, you’re now jailbroken on iOS 9, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.
You may now download and install tweaks, themes and utilities from Cyndia.
Note that this tutorial is not for 9.1 and 9.2 iOS users.