We’ve been receiving lot of updates lately from the popular instant messaging app WhatsApp after receiving the re-download media updates.
It appears there is about to be another update for WhatsApp dubbed “Suspicious Link Detection” that is slowly rolling out.
The new update is not yet available to everyone as its still under development. This feature should restrict the spammy links that are being shared.
Suspicious Link Detection
This feature will help users to detect sent and received suspicious links in WhatsApp. The app analyzes when you receive it and detects if it redirects to a fake or alternative website. If the link is found suspicious, it will present a message that is marked with a red label, indicating to you the presence of it.
Regardless of the warning message, if you try to open the link, WhatsApp will alert you again that you’re trying to open a possible suspicious link.
The company is still working on improving the new feature hence the delay in rolling it out. But in the next couples of days or weeks, it should be available probably with an option for users to even report a suspicious link.
- Read Later Feature Coming to WhatsApp
- WhatsApp: Two New Features Rolling Out – Send and Receive Money, Disappearing Messages
- WhatsApp Newly Redesign Management Tool, Let You Free up Space Easily
- WhatsApp Users to Get This Killer New Update – Perfect Timing
- WhatsApp Upcoming Update: Joint Missed Calls, Face Unlock Feature for Android