Xiaomi Redmi 8 has been certified by TENNA and it sports a Dot Notch, dual rear cameras and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner similar to the Redmi 7, with a different design and the position of cameras.
TENAA also reveals a 6.2-inch screen, 156.3×75.4×9.4mm dimensions, revealing that it will be slightly smaller, but thicker than the Redmi 7 due to 5000mAh battery. The presence of an 8MP selfie camera at the top also confirms the display has a notch.
Around the back, the phone has a dual camera setup aligned vertically in the center with a 12MP unit as the main sensor. There’s also a fingerprint scanner below the cameras along with a Redmi branding, and “Designed by Xiaomi” written further down below.
Here are the rumored specifications
- 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Processor
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
We are expecting to see this device with a huge 5000mAh battery capacity with fast charging support.
(via in Chinese)