According to a recent report from The Information, Facebook is developing its own smartwatch to take on devices from manufacturers like Apple and Samsung.
The report cited sources familiar with the development of the smart wearable that Facebook smart watch will feature integration with Facebook messaging, health and fitness features, and social media services.
It will also feature LTE capabilities, allowing it to work without being tethered to your smartphone.
The report said that Facebook also aims to keep the price of the smartwatch at a competitive rate to try and take market share from Apple and other manufacturers.
The Facebook smart watch is reportedly set to launch at some point next year.
This project is still in the early stages, however, which means it may be delayed or scrapped between now and next year.
- Two Premium Features Coming to Twitter, Allows You to Monetize Your Tweets
- Google Play Music Finally Deleted, But You Can Still Move your Music Library
- Telegram Latest Update Allows You to Auto Delete Messages, Unlimited Members
- Lists of Samsung Galaxy Devices That will Get Updates For 4 Years
- More Interesting Features Coming to YouTube This Year