Kudos to the Hovatek team for making rooting of some major stubborn devices easier despite the facts that some major apps can’t root them. To all those who are in possession of the Tecno Phantom 5, a rooting guide is now available. Its one of the easiest way of rooting and I bet you won’t be lost at all.
==>PC with enabled internet connection
==>Patience in following
==>SP Flash tool
How Can I root my Tecno Phantom 5?
==>Download SuperSU.zip here and save it to your phone’s SD card
==>Download the ported TWRP for Tecno Phantom 5 by Hovatek here
==> Unzip the TWRP zip file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash tool ( You can download SP Flashtool here)
How Can I Flash it Using SP Flashtool? Please see guide here
==>Boot the phone into TWRP recovery mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button for 5 seconds)
==>In TWRP recovery, Choose install zip from sdcard- to Choose zip from sdcard use vol up and down scroll up and down then choose the Supersu.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
You are now rooted! To be fully sure your Tecno Phantom 5 is rooted, go straight to Google Playstore and download root checker to verify your root status.
- OnePlus, Xiaomi and Others Joins Hands, to Make Fast File Transfer Feature User Friendly
- Yahoo Launches New Mail App for Android and iOS
- Beware of this Android App with over 100 million users, it contains a wicked malware
- Beware of Agent Smith Malware – 25 million Smartphones already affected
- Google to Launch Fast Share For Android Smartphones