Qualcomm has been developing fast-charging technologies to go with its chipsets for quite some time, but the latest addition isn’t what you’d call usual.
Instead of pushing the speeds higher than the last one Quick Charge 3+ is actually a slightly more limited version tailored for premium mid-rangers.
The idea is to offer the same speeds as Quick Charge 4+, but with compatibility for an inexpensive USB Type-A cable. The first device to support the charging technology is the newly-announced Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite Zoom. In fact, the smartphone supports both Quick Charge 3+ and Quick Charge 4+.
The benefits of Quick charge 3+ are similar to those that we’ve heard before. It promises a 0-50% charge in 15 minutes, promising to be 35% faster and nine degrees Celsius cooler than its predecessors.
Exclusive Features of Qualcomm Quick Charge 3+
- 0%-50% in 15 minutes, 35% faster and 9° Celsius cooler compared to previous generations
- Supports standard USB type A-to-type C cables and accessories that support scalable voltage with 20mV steps from Quick Charge 4
- Backward compatible with previous-generation Quick Charge devices and newer devices can work with Quick Charge 3+ accessories
- Integrated cable power capability/identification, various safety mechanisms
Qualcomm Quick Charge 3+ will be available first on Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 & Snapdragon 765G, followed by other new Snapdragon platforms across tiers in 2020.
- Most Incredible Features of Android 11 we Found so far
- Two Premium Features Coming to Twitter, Allows You to Monetize Your Tweets
- Google Play Music Finally Deleted, But You Can Still Move your Music Library
- Telegram Latest Update Allows You to Auto Delete Messages, Unlimited Members
- Lists of Samsung Galaxy Devices That will Get Updates For 4 Years