The Redmi 9 is built around a 6.53″ LCD of 2340×1080-pixel resolution and has an Helio G80 SoC at the helm. It runs MIUI 11 out of the box and Redmi says the stable build of MIUI 12 is expected after July 30, 2020.
The Helio G80-powered smartphone features a total of five cameras – an 8MP selfie shooter sitting inside the waterdrop notch, and a 13MP main camera at the back accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide, 5MP macro and 2MP depth sensor units. The rear cameras are also joined by a fingerprint reader.
It comes with 4GB/64GB, 4GB/128GB, and 6GB/128GB storage space with the option to expand the internal storage via a microSD card (up to 512GB). The Chinese unit comes with dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and fueling the entire package is a 5,020 mAh battery that draws power through a USB-C port at up to 18W Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support.
But do note that the bundled adapter only charges the phone at up to 10W, so you’ll have to spend extra if you want faster charging.
The Redmi 9 supports AI Face Unlock, alongside a rear fingerprint sensor.
Redmi 9 Pricing
It comes in three memory versions there – 4GB/64GB priced at CNY799 ($115/N41,400), 4GB/128GB priced at CNY999 ($140/N50,400), and 6GB/128GB that costs CNY1,199 ($170/N61,200).
What do you think about this new device from Xiaomi?
- Xiaomi Launches Redmi Note 9 Trio: 5G Pro Comes with a 108MP cam, 120 Hz screen, Powerful Battery
- Xiaomi Launches 80W wireless charger, tops up a battery from 0 to 100% in 19 min
- Xiaomi Redmi 9,9C,and 9A Launched, with FHD+ Display, Powerful Helio G80 Gaming Chipset
- Poco F2 Pro Unveiled with S865 Chipset, 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, 64MP Quad Cameras
- Redmi Note 9 VS Redmi Note 9S VS Redmi Note 9 Pro, Major Spec Differences