In March this year, it was revealed by a tipster about WhatsApp upcoming feature “Search the Web” in which we shared here. Today, WhatsApp has started rolling out the feature into some countries.
WhatsApp is starting to roll out a feature that lets users quickly search Google for frequently shared messages to see if there’s more info online.
The new feature “Search Messages on The Web”, Frequently Forward Messages will come attached with a search button prompting you to verify directly from the net if the message is fake or real. This can help identify incorrect information going viral.
This is How it Works
Once you tap the search icon, WhatsApp will ask if you want to upload the message on Google, so you can see if it contains fake news.
The new feature is already rolling to countries like Brazil, Italy, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, the UK, and the US. We hope to see it in many other countries within a short possible period.
With this, you will be able to verify information forwarded to you if its real or fake. This feature works on Android and iOS devices as well as the WhatsApp web.
Let us know what you think about this new feature.
- Read Later Feature Coming to WhatsApp
- WhatsApp: Two New Features Rolling Out – Send and Receive Money, Disappearing Messages
- WhatsApp Newly Redesign Management Tool, Let You Free up Space Easily
- WhatsApp Users to Get This Killer New Update – Perfect Timing
- WhatsApp Upcoming Update: Joint Missed Calls, Face Unlock Feature for Android