If you’ve ever lost your ATM card, or it got stolen, you’ll know how painful it is… this is why we’ve compiled the easiest way on how you can block any ATM Card in Nigeria if stolen or lost or misplaced before you lose your fund.
Regardless of the bank, you are using, this post will be handy for you in cases of emergency relating to ATM card misplacement.
How to Block Major ATM Cards in Nigeria
Block your GTB card through USSD Method
Simply dial *737*51*10# on your mobile device. Make sure your phone number is associated with your GTBank account.
To block your GTB ATM card through INTERNET BANKING/APP
Log on to your internet banking profile and block your ATM yourself following the steps below.
- Login to your GTBank internet/app.
- Locate where there is a card and click on it.
- Select ‘Hotlist’ and insert your card number, request reason and so on.
- Click submits and waits.
A Pop-up screen option will appear asking you to confirm the deactivation of your ATM card.
How To Block First Bank ATM Card With USSD Code
To block your First Bank card, simply use your phone and ensure that the SIM card on the phone is registered with your First Bank account.
To block your First Bank ATM Card With USSD Code
Send “BLOCK” to 30012. Within 24 hours your ATM card will be blocked and it can’t be used to withdraw or make a payment again.
Now you need to visit any First Bank branch and apply for a new ATM card.
How To Block Fidelity Bank ATM Card
To block Fidelity bank card, Simply dial *770*911# on your registered phone number connected to the account and follow the prompts.
A list of your entire ATM card connected to the account will be displayed and you will be asked to select the particular one you will like to block.
How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card
To block your Zenith Bank ATM card through your App/internet
- Log in to the app
- Click on the menu bar and select Cards and Cheques.
- Select Deactivate Card under Type and enter a reason.
- Now click on continue.
How To Use Zenith Bank USSD Protect Code:
- Simply dial *966*911# from any Mobile device
- Enter your account number followed by your Mobile number
- Press 1 to confirm your request and instantly block your account.
For further assistance, contact Zenith help desk via phone call using the following numbers 012787000, 014647000 and 012927000.
How To Block Stanbic IBTC Bank ATM Card
To block your Stanbic IBTC Bank Card through USSD code.
- Simply dial the code *909#
- Select my bank
- Select service request
- Click on block card.
Alternatively, you can do this by sending SMS to Stanbic IBTC bank. Send Block card NUBAN to 30909 via your registered mobile number. Replaced the NUBAN with the 10-digits of your account number Link to the card.
How To Block Union Bank ATM Card
To block your Union Bank card, simply text BLOCK CARD NUBAN via SMS to 20123 using the phone number registered to your account. You should replace the NUBAN with the 10-digit of your account number.
How To Block Access Bank ATM Card
Access bank does not require you dialing code or sending SMS messages, Simply do the following.
- For lost of your debit card dial 18005548969
- For lost of your credit card dial 18005583424
You are done with this; your card will be deactivated instantly
How To Block Keystone Bank ATM Card
Keystone bank does not require sending codes or internet app usage.
To block your Keystone Bank Card kindly send them an email through their email id: [email protected] or call them on +234 700 2000 3000.
How To Block Wema Bank ATM Card
Wema Bank ATM card can be blocked via the Wema Mobile app or Wema Internet banking solution.
The lost card can easily be deactivated through text messages. Just send CARD ATM OFF to 33352 using your registered mobile number with the Wema Bank account.
How To Block UBA (United Bank Of Africa)
To block your lost or stolen UBA ATM/Debit Card, simply dial *919*10# from your mobile line that is registered with the UBA Bank account.
Alternatively, follow the steps below using ussd and follow the prompt command
- Dial *919#
- Select “7” for next
- Select Banking services
- Select “1” to block debit card
- Enter your account number and send, and you are done.
You can block your UBA ATM card through internet banking/App platform
- Just log on to the UBA internet banking platform
- Select self-service
- Request to block your card
Alternatively, you can contact the UBA help desk through +2347002255822 or send them an email on [email protected].
How To Block Sterling Bank ATM Card
For you to block your Sterling Bank Card, simply contact them via email at [email protected] or call them on 070078375464.
Also, you can contact them via their social media handles below.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SterlingBankNigeria/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/sterling_bankng
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sterlingbank
How to Block ECOBANK Card
To block EcoBank Card, simply follow the steps below.
- Send “STOP ATM NUBAN NUMBER” to 08063262265, replace NUBAN with your account number.
- For example send “STOP ATM 1020415263” to 08063262265.
HOW to Block FCMB Card
FCMB does not require sending codes but simply call them on +234 2798800 or Email them on [email protected] requesting that your ATM Card account should be blocked after the provision of relevant information.
How To Block Unity Bank ATM Card
If you suspect any fraudulent activity or you lost your Unity Bank ATM Card, you can request them to instantly block your card through a phone call on +2347080666000, +2347057323226, +2347057323227
OR you can email them on [email protected] or visit their official website www.unitybankng.com.
Finally, you should transfer all your fund immediately you notice your ATM card is missing and then proceed to block the card. Stay safe this festive season.
- Have You Applied For Youth Investment Fund, CAC Free Business Name?
- How I Mistakenly Sent $9,500 Eth Transaction Fee For Sending $120
- Youth Investment Fund: Fresh Requirements To Get up to 3 Million Loan from FG
- How to Apply for CAC Free business Names Registration for 250,000 Biz
- 7 Things You Should Know About Access Bank N50B Loan, Grant – How to Apply