If your smartphone battery drains excessively after installing iOS 14, you are not alone. Apple’s new iOS 14 brought a lot of improvements as well as bugs.
Among the bugs iOS 14 brought is battery drains and a lot of iPhone users are complaining bitterly at the rate their battery drain even without any usage.
Apple has responded and proffered a fix for your excessive battery drains. According to Apple, if you experience two or more of the bugs below after updating to iOS 14, then you should do the recommended.
After updating to iOS 14.0 and watchOS 7.0, you might notice:
- Your workout route maps are missing in the Fitness app on iPhone for previous GPS-enabled workouts from your Apple Watch.
- The Activity, Heart Rate, or other health-related apps fail to launch or load data on your Apple Watch.
- The Fitness app or Health app fails to launch or load data on your iPhone.
- The Health app or Fitness app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data stored on your iPhone.
- The Activity app is reporting an inaccurate amount of data storage on your Apple Watch.
- Your environmental sound levels data or headphone audio levels data from Apple Watch is missing in the Health app on iPhone.
- Increased battery drain on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
According to Apple, if you suffer two or more of the above issues, unpair your Apple Watch, back them up, wipe your entire iPhone, and then restore them from backup.
You can either wipe them up or wait for Apple to roll out a fix in the next update. But you can find a step by step fix here.
- Apple Officially Launched iOS 14 – Here’s What’s New, Eligible Devices
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro, Pro Max Launched – The Most Powerful iPhone Ever
- Apple Releases iOS and iPadOS 13.6.1, Fix Storage Issues, and more
- Apple Launches New iPhone SE with 4.7-inch HD Retina Display, A13 Bionic
- Apple Next Update Will Allow You Use Your Phone as Car Key