camera I’m sure lot of you won’t even mine dusting off that smartphone. So many Android users have reported
experiencing the issue “unfortunately, Camera has stopped” working which I know
could be very frustrating.
Samsung, Nexus, Pixel, Infinix Xiaomi, Tecno, HTC, LG etc, one of the listed solution
will work for you on how to fix Camera has stopped working on Android. Just
read carefully and your phone camera will be back to normal.
hanging, not responding etc. Once you restart and the same camera ish continues,
then proceed to solution two.
work faster. But if the cache files are corrupted, it will be popping out error
which won’t let you use your camera or taking time to load when you attempt to
open it. The next thing to do is to
- Go to the Settings menu of your device.
- Click on Apps sections >>Application manager
- Swipe to the left of your screen till you are under the
- Now look for camera and tap on it
- Tap on Force Stop to end the application
- Then tap on Clear Cache
can then open your camera again to check if its been fixed.
delete your photos but you’ll only loose your personal settings for the app.
- Go to the Settings menu of the device >>Application
- Swipe to go to the “All Tab” and then tap on Camera
- Tap on Clear Data to delete all the data files linked
to the camera app.
open your camera app again and see if the error has been fixed.
Data Files for the Gallery App
helpful in finding out if the gallery app was the culprit.
- From the Settings menu, go to Application Manager
- Swipe through the tabs to go to “All” tabs
- Look for Gallery and tap on it.
- Tap on Force Stop
- Now Tap on Clear Cache to clear the cache
- Then tap on Clear Data to wipe the data files for
- Confirm by Tapping on OK
error has been fixed.
trouble shoot your device to know exactly what is wrong with it. You can boot
your device into safe mode and see if the camera app open effectively without
any error; if it does, then it must be a third party app installed that is interfering
with your camera app.
- Press and hold the Power key
- This will bring up the Power options for your device
- Now press and hold the Power Off option from the menu
on your screen.
- Continue pressing it till you get a pop-up box
- You will be asked if you want to restart the device in
- Tap OK
reboot it back into normal mode and uninstall all third party apps recently
back to the initial state. You’ll loose all your data, pictures, music, videos…
I mean everything including third party applications. Before you proceed, back
up all your documents, pictures, videos or music on Google drive or somewhere
else aside of you smartphone.
- Go to the Settings>> Additional Settings
- Tap on Backup and Reset
- Check the box next to backup to back-up your data on
your Google account
- Tap on Factory data reset to reset
- Tap Reset phone.
to the initial state and everything will be back to normal.
solutions above will work All Android devices including the
latest Samsung Galaxy S8, Pixel XL, LG, HTC, OnePlus 5 etc.
kindly ask using the comment box.