In the past few months, we’ve seen some Group updates rolled out by WhatsApp to improve the group engagements for WhatsApp users.
Those features and more are now rolling out to everyone in the stable channel, and they include expanded admin controls, group catch-up, and participant search.
According to WhatsApp in a blog post, the following features are now available for all WhatsApp users as soon as they upgrade their version to the latest.
The WhatsApp Features includes;
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
One other thing of note is that you can no longer be repeatedly added to a group that you’ve already left. WhatsApp has introduced a safeguard against this, so your annoying friends won’t be able to re-add over and over just to piss you off.
Where Can I Upgrade it?
Go to Google Playstore to update your WhatsApp to the latest version 2.18.142 or sideload it from Apkmirror here.
Let us know what you think about this latest updates rolling out.