WhatsApp has made it easy to review, bulk delete items, and free up space. This new storage management has started rolling out and it conveniently allows you to group both large files and media that has been forwarded many times, sorts files by size in descending order, and provides a way to preview files before deleting them.
You can see the preview of the media before selecting one or multiple items to delete. The new storage management tool can be found in Settings > Storage and Data > Manage Storage.
It has a ‘Forwarded Many Times’ tabs and ‘Review and Delete Items’ tab with a ‘Larger than 5 MB’ sorting option as default to clean up files easily.
WhatsApp has also posted a video that shows how the feature works and free up a large amount of space by clearing the duplicate items. The update is already rolling out to Android users.
The feature is now rolling out on both Android and iOS. You can try out the feature by updating WhatsApp to the latest version available on Play Store or App Store.
- Read Later Feature Coming to WhatsApp
- WhatsApp: Two New Features Rolling Out – Send and Receive Money, Disappearing Messages
- WhatsApp Users to Get This Killer New Update – Perfect Timing
- WhatsApp Upcoming Update: Joint Missed Calls, Face Unlock Feature for Android
- Video, Voice Calls Feature Coming to WhatsApp Web