This is not just a timely targeted blow but a deadly crashing blow and
etisalat Nigeria did not survive the blow.
Etisalat has terminated its management agreement with its Nigerian arm and
has given Etisalat Nigeria three weeks to phase out the brand in the country.
This was as a result of the $1.7 billion loan talk collapse.
Nigerian regulators intervened last week to save Etisalat Nigeria from
collapse after lenders were calling for the probe and total takeover of the
However, Etisalat International announced on Monday that it was pulling out
after all UAE shareholders of the company have exited and left the board and
management of the Nigerian brand.
Etisalat Nigeria only have 3 weeks to use the brand name, and then change it
to something else or other Telco’s will buy it off. We don’t know for now what
will happen to the millions of subscribers on the network.
This is indeed the exit of Etisalat in Nigeria… a regrettably deadly blow.
How I wish she can be save.
- How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
- DHL Launches Africa eShop – Ship from over 200 US/UK stores to your door step
- OPPO Mobile set to Takeover the Nigerian Mobile Market
- MTN Network Shut Down in Kogi State, Millions of Subscribers Lament
- Xiaomi Second Coming to Africa – To Challenge Infinix, TECNO and iTel Mobile