Unfortunately for Glo, they lost in the bid for the acquisition of 9mobile… The table
turned the other way and Smile Telecoms Holdings and Teleology Holdings Limited
emerged as the finalist.
It will interest you to know that on either side are former CEOs of MTN
Nigeria leading the charge. Smile Telecoms Holdings has one of its leaders
Ahmad Farroukh and Teleology Holdings Limited is led by Adrian Wood.
Adrian Wood was the second Chief Executive Officer of MTN Nigeria . He
served for almost two years only. Thereafter he was named Group Managing
Director of Daily Times of Nigeria. He is currently the CEO of Brymedia
West Africa Limited.
Chief Executive Officer after 18 months from Wood departure, is currently the
Group Executive Director in charge of Operations at Smile Telecoms Holdings.
Given the preeminent role of Smile Nigeria towards the realisation of the
Federal Government’s quest for enhanced broadband penetration, Ahmad spends
most of his executive time in Nigeria and will be central to Smile’s quest to
results than Wood. He increased MTN subscriber base to 40 million and achieved 62%
healthy marging between July 2006 and April 2011.
Limited final fight will decide the best match for the bride 9mobile.
- How to Share Your Data bundle on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
- DHL Launches Africa eShop – Ship from over 200 US/UK stores to your door step
- OPPO Mobile set to Takeover the Nigerian Mobile Market
- MTN Network Shut Down in Kogi State, Millions of Subscribers Lament
- Xiaomi Second Coming to Africa – To Challenge Infinix, TECNO and iTel Mobile