Storage space, however, is one of those things our phones never seem to have enough of. They are burdened by heavy apps and offline music, by high-resolution photos and videos, all of which eat up precious gigs. That’s why many smartphone makers, still allow storage expansion via microSD cards.
We have initially talked about how you can detect a fake memory card before you fall victim; and today, we’ll like to show you the best memory card for your smartphone, camera or laptop.
Not all microSD cards are made equal, not all of them can keep up with the read and write speeds certain tasks can demand. However, whether you are about shooting 4K video or make quick sequences of HD photos, then we’ve got you covered.
If you’re looking for a jack-of-all-trades card that won’t break the bank, we think that the best memory card you can buy for your camera is one within the SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-I (below) range.
4 Best microSD Cards For 2018
1. SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I
Card type: SDXC | Capacity: Up to 512GB | Read Speed: Up to 90MB/s | Write Speed: Up to 95MB/s | Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty | Suitable for: Both photography and video (including 4K).
- 64GB capacity
- Up to 95MB/s read speeds
- Up to 90MB/s write speeds
- V30 video speed
- Can record high-res video
- Durable design
2. Lexar Professional 633x SDHC / SDXC UHS-I:
One of the best SD cards for shooting Full HD and 4K video on offer.
Card type: SDHC and/or SDXC | Capacity: Up to 128GB | Read Speed: Up to 95MB/s | Write Speed: Up to 45MB/s | Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty | Suitable for: Both photography and video (including 4K) at pro level
- 128GB capacity
- 95MB/s read speeds
- Can record full HD and 4K videos
- SDXC UHS-I/U1 card
- Included recovery software
3. Samsung EVO Plus: The best budget microSD memory card on the market.
Card type: microSD (With SD adapter) | Capacity: Up to 256GB | Read Speed: Up to 100MB/s | Write Speed: Up to 30MB/s | Warranty: 10 years | Suitable for: Day to day photography
Available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities, these speedy Class 10 Samsung EVO Plus microSDHC and microSDXC cards come with SD adapter that allows them to be used in cameras just as easily as a smartphone or tablet.
4. Kingston Industrial Class 10 U1: If you’re looking for a microSD card that is going to take a lot of punishment, for example, in an action camera, on a drone or installed outside in a security camera then Kingston Industrial Class 10 is an excellent choice.
It can withstand temperatures of -40 to 85 degrees Celsius, it’s shock-proof and can withstand X-rays.