a victim of what is about to happen. Google has recently join Apple in clearing
apps from play store that is not supporting the latest Android OS model.
latest Android versions, while the already available ones that fail to update
could be retired for good.
Developers have found a new class in the latest Android P Dev Preview, which
sets a minimum API version. If this is not met by an app, the OS pops up a
warning message stating:
“This app was build for an older version of Android and may not work
properly. Try checking for updates, or contact the developer.”
The current minimum API version set in Android P is 17, which is 4.2 Jelly
Bean. We are yet to see if this will remain as a warning in the final version
of Android P, or it will block apps from running.
Google’s intention will be brought to light once Android P is complete.
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Launched with Bigger Screen, 12 GB RAM
- Will You Rock This Feature Phone with built-in Heart Rate Sensor?
- Smile Launches VoLTE Smartphone, Enjoy Unlimited Free on-net Calls
- Nokia C3 Launched with 5.99-inch HD+ Display, Android 10
- Will You Rock This Gionee Phone with 10000mAh Battery Capacity?