Instagram has introduced a new feature dubbed Mute. The new feature allows you to mute accounts, or in other words hide their posts without unfollowing them.
When you mute someone on Instagram you can still see posts on their profile page and get notified of comments or posts you’re tagged. The accounts you mute won’t be notified that you’ve muted them.
How to Mute an Account
To mute an account, tap the menu button in the corner of the post and from there, you can choose whether to mute posts or mute posts and stories from an account.
You can also mute posts and stories by pressing and holding on a story in your tray, or from a profile.
The instagram mute features will be rolling out to users in the coming weeks.
- Facebook Vanish Mode on Messenger, Instagram – Here is How it Works
- Instagram Launches Reels, to Take on TikTok
- Instagram New Features – Delete Comments in Bulk, and More
- Instagram Lite is Dead, Shut Down Fully by Facebook
- Instagram Covid-19 Updates: Donation Stickers, Media Sharing, Browse Post with Friends