still find it difficult to believe that some Android users are still making use
of Gingerbread and Ice cream sandwich Android OS when Google is already warming
to introduce Android 8.0. It is true that we bid goodbye to Froyo back in
January, but Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean continue strive on with unquenchable zest.
latest report shows that Lollipop and Marshmallow continue to gain dominance,
while Nougat’s distribution numbers are up to 2.8% compared to just 0.5% in
20.8% still have kitkat installed on their device, 32.1% have lollipop on their
devices topping the chat, making Lollipop build the most widely used on Android devices.
Second place goes to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, currently installed in 31.3%
of Android devices.
interesting to note that most devices
that are now on Nougat runs 7.0 update and not 7.1 which remains at a paltry
0.4% of adoption. That’s only up about 0.2% since the January distribution
numbers, which shows that most OEMs who are rolling out Nougat for their
devices are doing so with the 7.0 release.
of you still on older operating system, it’s time to upgrade.
Source: Android developers
- OnePlus, Xiaomi and Others Joins Hands, to Make Fast File Transfer Feature User Friendly
- Yahoo Launches New Mail App for Android and iOS
- Beware of this Android App with over 100 million users, it contains a wicked malware
- Beware of Agent Smith Malware – 25 million Smartphones already affected
- Google to Launch Fast Share For Android Smartphones